Every homeowner has to have some fix-it knowledge. In order to get the job done you have to have the right tools. First you will need to assemble a proper home-repair tool kit. This suggested kit should cost approximately $200 and provide you with 90% of all the tools you’ll ever need to repair and maintain your home.
Here are the top tools you’ll need to get started.
First things first, you’ll need something to hold all of your tools. A toolbox will help you organize and quickly find what you are looking for in a pinch. A toolbox doesn’t have to be a box at all, it may be a bag and large container as long as all of your tools fit and are easily accessible.
A hammer is the absolute must-have tool. You may choose a steel- or fiberglass-shaft hammer. Make sure to choose one with a smooth (not checkered) head. You may also want to choose a hammer with a straight or “rip” claw they are more useful for demolition.
3. Screwdrivers (mixed set)
Go ahead and buy the set of screwdrivers. You will save money plus you will get all the sizes you need. Your set should have 1/4- and 3/8-inch flat heads and No. 1 and No. 2 Phillips head drivers. Some screwdrivers have magnetic heads; they can come in handy when looking for dropped nails etc. too.
4. Tape measure
Buy a good quality tape measure. Buy at least a 16-foot, 3/4-inch-wide model. Also look for one that is easy-locking.
5. Reversible drill with bit set
A reversible drill is the only electric tool you need and it is a must. Home centers are full of cordless models but you may want to opt for a corded version, they are less expensive and never run out of battery. Make sure to purchase a 3/8th-inch reversible drill this will be the most useful around your home.
6. Utility knife
Often there is nothing that can replace a utility knife. Make sure to purchase plenty of replaceable blades for your utility knife.
Even if you have a circular saw, you may still find some times when you will be happy to have a handsaw handy. A short handsaw is probably best, look for one with a 12-inch blade it will cut straighter and faster.
8. A level
A level is essential for hanging just about anything. Purchase a 9-inch torpedo level. This is easier and more accurate than laser levels.
9. Vise grips: $10
Clamp anything with vise grips. Also known as locking pliers, all you need to do is adjust the screw drive in the handle and clamp it on to anything that needs viselike stabilizing. If you don’t have vise grips channel-lock pliers can be a good backup.
10. Safety glasses
Better safe than sorry. Effective eye protection is a must in any toolkit.
You may be wondering why in the world would I write a love letter to a seller? The answer: you want an advantage in a competitive real estate market.
What should I put in my love letter?
Compliment the seller on their home
Tell the seller why you love the home
Compliment the neighborhood
Make it personal
Love letters often appeal to a seller’s emotions and often especially if the owner has lived in the home a while the decision to sell a home is a very emotional process. If you find yourself in a bidding war or want to land the perfect home it may be a love letter that makes all the difference.
North Reading MA Real Estate
Wakefield MA Real Estate
Woburn MA Real EstateWoburn, MA - $290,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/12 hours agoWoburn, MA - $299,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:17 hours agoWoburn, MA - $324,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/19 hours agoWoburn, MA - $339,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:110 hours agoWoburn, MA - $440,000 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:3/112 hours ago
- Town-Wide Yard Sale on Saturday April 24, 2014Get ready for some deals this weekend. The annual Town-Wide Yard Sale is on Saturday, April 26. The yard sale starts at 8 a.m. and stretches into the early afternoon hours. […]
- UMass Dartmouth gambling expert resigns April 22, 2014The UMASS Law School will begin it's inaugural year in July. Library Tag 07062010 National/Foreign Credit: for the Boston Globe DARTMOUTH, Mass. […]
- Town-Wide Yard Sale on Saturday April 24, 2014
- House GOP hopes timing is right for tax amnesty program April 23, 2014Delinquent Massachusetts taxpayers who cough up back taxes would get a break from paying penalties, under a Republican amendment set to receive consideration during House budget debate next week. […]
- Medford Realtor Receives Award April 20, 2014Sory DeOliveira, an experienced REALTORA with RE/MAX Andrew Realty Services of Medford and Stoneham, was the honored recipient of the Eastern Middlesex Association of REALTORSA ' distinguished Dorothy M. Shea Award. […]
- House GOP hopes timing is right for tax amnesty program April 23, 2014
- Around the Region: April 18, 2014 April 18, 2014A summary of recent transactions and personnel news within Greater Boston's real estate community. […]
- Have You Seen Frankie? April 15, 2014Frankie, an 8-year-old Lab mix, went missing on Wave Avenue near Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield on Thursday, April 10. She is not from the area. […]
- Around the Region: April 18, 2014 April 18, 2014
- Prescription Take Back on Saturday April 23, 2014Woburn Police are hosting the annual Prescription Take Back Program from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at the Woburn Police Station. […]
- Police Log: Cops Make Three Arrests Over the Weekend April 21, 2014Thursday, April 17 At 8:34 a.m., police responded to a car accident at Salem Street and Wildwood Avenue. […]
- Prescription Take Back on Saturday April 23, 2014